We are looking for someone to carry out general maintenance most commonly through the NSTS sprayer testing scheme as well as the set-up of both new and used with an emphasis on Caffini, Berthoud and Horsch but we service and offer parts for all sprayer types and models on the market. We also have a range of Precision Farming equipment which is a rapidly expanding area.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Set up of new and pre-owned machines as required both on and off site
- Maintenance and repair of spraying equipment as required both on and off site.
- Fault-finding and Diagnostics and with the ability to talk through problems and advise solutions.
- NSTS Sprayer Testing.
- Precision Farming - Set up and maintenance. We expect the technology side to grow so must be comfortable learning new things as they come onto the market.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Technical knowledge and experience in mechanical repair of sprayers. This could have been as an engineer with a particular interest or perhaps as an operator.
- Knowledge of a wide range of makes of sprayers with an interest in new products coming onto the market.
- Some knowledge of GPS Systems (additional training will be provided) and with a willingness to learn new technology as it becomes available
- Experience as an engineer or an experienced sprayer operator with a strong mechanical capability looking for a new challenge.
- Willingness to learn new skills and a passion for the industry
- You will need to have good communication skills and have the ability to organise your own workload either on your own, as well as being integrated in a team.
- Ability to be flexible in the jobs undertaken due to the varied work we do
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements
- Flexible approach to working hours – particularly in the season
- Current full Driving Licence – trailer and HGV licenses could be advantageous
- A level of PC and technological skills including basic Microsoft Office, use of spare parts database, tablets, mobile phones etc.
What we will provide:
- Training Programme and constant opportunities to develop including the NSTS Sprayer testing examination certificate
- Competitive Salary with the opportunity for a structured career growth plan
- A company van
- IT equipment and company phone
- Varied and challenging work within a focused growing company which is expanding.
If you are not sure if this would be the right fit for you - please get in contact anyway as we recruit for many roles throughout the year or you might actually be a great fit!